Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A plea on behalf of other students.

If any of you that read this blog (I now that there are only a few) are involved in the running of the mooting then please make it more interesting than the introductory event for this years competition that my law society runs.

I have fortunately mooted before, but if I had not then this would have completely put me off (well not really as I know how important it is so would have done it anyway). The format was basically handing out a four page guide to mooting, and the reading out loud the guide with the readers own comments on each section. I think the reaction at the end of the talk (absolute silence, not a clap in the house), was a pretty good indication of how well it was received. Having said that it is so important that everybody signed up anyway.

So please, for the sake of all students sanity, make sure the presentations are lively.

P.S This year my team mate and I will be victorious! I hope lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear, BoB,
Mooting, if left entirely in the province of the student Law Society, is, inevitably and initially a BBE (Bloody Boring Experience), a chance for those slightly more advanced in their legal education to show themselves off, but having said that, if you are patient and dilligent ( which is tough given all the prep involved plus study and other extra curricular commitment) it turns out to be rollocking good fun - I'm certainly glad I stuck with it.
As to the numbers signing up, I think you'll find that many are called, but few are chosen -in other words half will, in all likelyhood not bother( it will just be something that looks good on the CV)
Is your Law Department involved in any way at all? this usually helps!
With respect to your competition they should be afraid.
VERY afraid.....!