Tuesday, October 14, 2008

FRU Day or not as the case may be...

I am aware that in my last post I promised to write about my day at the Free Representation Unit. Unfortunately things did not work out quite as I had planned.

On Friday night BoB had been invited to attend a Lodge meeting of a good friend of his. For those that think that I went to the home of a beaver let me explain that a Lodge is where Freemasons meet. I have been a Freemason for about three years now and thoroughly enjoy it. After the meeting we had dinner at a club in London, which was followed by a few pleasant drinks at the bar. Unfortunately BoB forgot the time, and ended up missing the last train home. This meant a much longer journey on the night bus, meaning that I did not get home until half past three in the morning.

I was therefore far too tired to have been able to have actually learnt anything on Saturday so decided to leave it this time and go early next year.

The moral of this story.....

Check the train timetable to see when the last train for home leaves.

Until next time, BoB

3 comments:

Lost said...

Oh you masons and your lodges!

Lost said...

My grandfather was a Mason, I think back then if you were invited you HAD to join. I've often wondered about joining the freemasons, a friend of a friend's dad is in the same lodge as one of the Royals..

I wonder how many barristers are freemasons, last count back in ohh 2005 when I heard the statistic 12% of the judiciary were masons.

Makes you think doesn't it ;)

Minx said...

BoB !! Dont you go and do a runner too!!!!