Thursday, May 22, 2008

Results and Exam Report

Well as can be seen to the right of this entry the results of the poll are in and 11 people have voted against the new robes compared to only 6 who think that they are a good idea. I must agree with the against votes and have also found the recent comments by many journalists rather amusing, who have likened the pictures of the current Chief Justice to an extra from Star Trek.

In other news I am currently two thirds of the way through my exams having completed Tort and Trusts. Tort went well and Trusts went even better so on gut instinct I am pleased so far. Only EC law left to contend with.

All the best

BoB.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wotcher BoB,

Good to hear the exams are going well; Eu, while it has a certain marmite like following, isn't I dont think, too bad as an exam, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

With respect to the wretched robe, I've said it before, and I'll say it again; the LCJ looks like an utter, UTTER plank.
If he REALLY wanted to sell the wearing of the damned thing to the judiciary and to the public at large, why didnt he get a lady judge to model it?? ( complete with its attachable ruffles - eeeeugh!!)

Bar or Bust said...

I take it you don't approve of the old lady-esque attachable lace ruffles.

When are you going to hold this blogger get together in London?

Anonymous said...

Gawd, BoB, speak not to me of judicial ruffles! Is lady judges have to wear such horrendous bolt ons, then its quite lilkely that the LCJ will stipulate that they also have to smell of lavender and slightly musty bedrooms!!

With respect to the August Blogfesticle, dates would seem to be the issue; I'll post something on my blog and if people comment with respect to dates, perhaps we can come up with a date which is mutually convenient to everyone, so that everyone can come; do you think thats a good idea, or not?! ( really, I couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery!!)

Workaholic said...

We had a bugger of an EC question last year. S (you know who it is) was totally out to get us after her secondment!!
xxx