Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Witnesses, God bless 'em!

You explain to a witness that has flown all the way from another country "we don't want you to talk about her being violent, we are not running a self defence case. All we want to ask you is about her being clumsy and falling over when drunk" OK they say, no problems.

"How do you know the victim?"
"She's a nasty vicious woman who used to drink in my pub"
"Thank you Miss X I have no further questions"

This plus the defendant who became confused and tied up in knots by the prosecution does not bode well. At least, as the Barrister and I agreed, the defence could not have been run better, and as a plus point the defendant is confident, even if we are not.

Ah well, the verdict tomorrow (I won't be holding my breath, for one thing I'd be dead in the morning if I did that!).

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I can just picture the self righteous expression on her face as she said that...

Anonymous said...

Hiya BOB,
A belated welcome to the blogosphere!
Sorry I've taken a while to get back to you( been on me hols) - You're running an interesting blog and you are doing all the right things as regards building your CV ( I wish I'd had that much energy in my first year!!!!)
I've added a link to your page from mine.