Saturday, July 28, 2007

Only a short one (just like me).

I don't really have time (due to the imminent arrival of a curry), or anything really of note to publish this weekend so this is only a very short note. I will say however that my diligent note taking was obviously of the required standard as I have been asked to clerk another trial starting Monday. Excellent experience and five full days work so Kerrching!!!

Just one quick question though, nothing to do with Law. I like curry, but why is it that curry, or any food for that matter, tastes better when it's free (my parents are paying)?

2 comments:

Poppy said...

Hello!

I'm studying the BVC this coming September after taking a month's well deserved rest from working at a law firm for the past year and using my holiday to do mini pupilages, etc.

I too decided quite early on during my time at that firm that being a solicitor was not for me - far too much paper work and then letting go of control of a case when it got to that all important stage. A barrister on one of my pupillages said to me that being a solicitor was very fulilling but you had to cope with watching someone present your case in court and hoping that you would not be sitting there thinking "I could do a better job than this!" - i think this was the nail in the coffin for a self confessed control freak like me!!

You sound like you are doing all the right things - but it is always nice to swap tips and advice!

Thanks for the post on outdoor clerking - I am definately gonna get my CV updated and give it a go!

Legal Lass

Poppy said...

p.s Re: free curry - I find it is the same with drinks!! Also there is a strange link between being free and the capacity one can indulge in too!!