Wednesday, December 10, 2008

National Mooting Victory

Last night was the first round of the national mooting competition that my partner and I have entered.  We were the host institution so come 6 o'clock I was sat in the mock courtroom at the law school waiting for the moot to begin.

As lead counsel for the appellants I was the first to speak and after the brief spell of nerves that I experience at the beginning of every moot I got into the groove and put in a fine performance netting the joint highest score for all of the contestants that evening.  My partner also put in a stellar performance and I am very happy to say that we won.  We are now through to the next round so yet more work on top of that which I already have for my degree.

I am also doing a talk for the charity I do the court advocacy for at my law schools pro bono evening tonight, after which I am retiring to a local public house which was voted CAMRA's best pub in Britain a couple of years ago so plenty of good quality real ale to sup.  

All the best

BoB 

6 comments:

Lost said...

Well Done Bob, I have mates in the same competition that won.

Apparently they one person received a battering for saying "ok" Mooting successs feels good doesnt it!

Paul Garrard said...

Do tell:
Which pub and what ales did you enjoy?

Minx said...

O Well DONE BoB! What a BELTER to add to your CV!!! :)

Workaholic said...

Well done. Following your predecessors I see!!

How's life there? Miss it a little bit. Did the prez do his standard "thank you" speech?

Will chat soon x

Android said...

Getting the highest scores? That's amazing. Good luck for the next round!

Workaholic said...

Yo yo! I returned to the uni this weekend. Bloody amazing. Took in the standard night life (not the SU club... I'd say what it is, but fear revealing your ID), as well as a coffee outside Arts in that well known establishment, and even made it to the law school building to see everyone!

Hope life's good xxxx