Thursday, January 24, 2008

Finals of Mooting and new Bar Soc.

I have, as many regular readers will know, been steadily progressing through the internal mooting competition with my partner, and have reached the final. The final will be the 13th of February and is front of a real Judge, and in gowns so all very exciting.

I'm feeling really fired up for this, especially after the disappointment of the Vac scheme interview, and have again been placed in the position of the appellants. I shall obviously let you know the result, but if we win it may be a little while afterwards due to having to nurse a massive hangover.

I have come back this year and am working hard, and have also realised that my degree is half way through. Things will start really going soon when considering BVC provider, funding, scholarship applications, and my first go at the dreaded OLPAS form. To this end it is back o the grindstone to have as impressive a list of exam results, and some more sending off of CV's for mini pupillage's.

In other news I am attending the Target Pupillage fair to talk to chambers, network, and swan around London for a while afterwards. I assume I may see some of you there. The University I attend has also just started up a new Bar Soc, finally, so that we may actually start to see some events specifically for those wishing to qualify as Barristers.

I promise I shall post with something a little more interesting, possibly jumping into the debate concerning the BVC and admission to the course?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep goin' BoB, you're pushing all the right buttons - at the rate you're carrying on you will have pupillage before you start on the BVC!!! All the very best for the mooting final - if you DON'T win, I will eat my virtual wig! ( who is called Frank, BTW)

Poppy said...

Congrats - Any tips? as I am trying to progress my way through a mooting competition as we speak/blog...

Bar or Bust said...

The only advice I can give is know the cases inside out, know what you are going to say inside out, and try as best you can to know the likely arguements your opponents will make.

The better you know the cases the better you are positioned to answer questions, the better you know your arguements the more you can look away from your cards, and the better you know what your opposite is likely to say the better you can rebutt.

Hope this helps, there might be some more hints in my other posts, all the best
BoB.

Legal Lady said...

As an aspiring barrister I am sure you will appreciate the need for correct spelling and punctuation -'To this end it is back o the'... Perhaps you need a little more practice?