Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The perfect poster boy for the Bar!


In the current climate of opening up the Bar to all comers and increasing diversity, along with the challenge of proving that the Bar is not an antiquated, outdated institution of privilege and snobbery, we have this twit making an absolute idiot of himself on national television in 'The Apprentice'.

Apparently this chap received an outstanding on his BVC. Well I'm afraid the only thing that he did tonight was to show himself to be an outstandingly incompetent fool.

I am firmly of the opinion that it should be best person for the job, but not only does he tick the box in every way as the stereotypical barrister (white, posh, male), he openly accused the other members of the team of not liking him because it was 'obvious that the team has split in to the educated and the uneducated'.

If you want a job with Alan Sugar, the last thing that you should do is go and boast about your academic qualifications, as he puts no stock in them whatsoever. I thought knowing your audience when presenting your case was a vital skill to learn as a barrister. I did not think much to his actual speaking either. He seemed nervous, out of his depth, and punctuated his talking with lots of 'well you know' and 'errm' and 'the thing is'.

As a final gripe (I am sorry but this guy has annoyed me beyond belief), what the hell is that stupid little bit of hair under his lip about? It looks like he either forgot to shave it, or a small furry animal has decided to live there.

My apologies for it being so long since the last post. However while I am here I can tell you that the meal at Lincolns Inn was splendid, and I ran another advice and advocacy session at the court by myself. Hoping to hear back from some mini pupillage applications fairly soon as well.

Until next time blog watchers.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just about to offer my thoughts on this wretched person, but you beat me to it, BoB!! What an odious ODIOUS little twonk; With such an air of smug self satisfaction I have no doubt that he will horrify many a pupillage committee - unless, of course they themselves are vain enough to be taken in by his apparent "fame".
I think his boardroom performance was proof positive that, no matter how glorious his resume, however much he apparently excelled at the BVC, when it comes to the crunch, he cant cut the mustard. *Shudder*

Glad to see that you had a wonderful time at Lincolns (though Middle, is of course, perfect in EVERY way), and that all is going well on the career advancement front!

PS: the annoying bit of fluff under his lip serves only to emphasise the fact that dear Nicolas doesn't have a chin.

Bar or Bust said...

Unfortunately, horror of horrors, he already has a pupillage, although I am sure that chambers will be seriously reconsidering him as a future tenant after last nights performance.

Anonymous said...

HORRORS INDEED! Oh well, perhaps the Clerks ( whom he will probably regard as Barrow Boys-cum-Chavs) at his soon to be set will give him short shrift/a proper dressing down.
Victorian Maiden, over at Ruthies Law has an interesting post on the matter of Mr Nicolas ( who apparently adopted the "De Lacey" part of his name from his Grandmother to give him the extra poshness required of one of his standing at the Bar) - with a link to his odious After Dali web page. Have a butchers if you can stomach it!

Hannah said...

Anyone else notice his uncanny resemblence to Richard E. Grant?

Anonymous said...

... apparently the WRETCHED creature has pupillage at Crown Office Chambers, a very big commercial set. Given Nick the Prick's ability to do sums, I'd say more fool them.....

Android said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Android said...

BoB, are you a part-time student at MMU by any chance? :)

Android said...

Oops, I might have got you mixed up with somebody else, having just read some of your previous posts. Just ignore me!

Bar or Bust said...

I am not but this is an annonymous blog so I would not say anyway, and I would rather that people don't try to guess.

All the best BoB.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lost said...

Looks like you have been spammed!
Why did you choose Licoln's Inn over all the others out of interest?

Anonymous said...

O BoB! Wherefore art thou, BoB?!?!

Hannah said...

He's in revision hell, poor thing.

Workaholic said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!

I know who you are! I didn't realise you were a blogger...

Anyway, I hope you're well and your exams etc go okay. Why didn't you run for anything on the law soc btw? S xxx

Also, you were right. I will be joining Middle

Workaholic said...

Sorry- i just read your "i'd rather people didn't try and guess either" so sorry. feel free to delete my comments, though I'd never attempt to blow your cover (nor do i want anyone to know my true identity) xxx

(I'm starting a blog after finals, I shall put you on my favourites list) x

Mel said...

I think Richard E Grant would feel slighted by the suggestion of a resemblance!

Urgh my friend went to Bar school with this twit. He apparently was no different in real life, a silver spoon up his unmentionable and an ego asking to be brought down a peg or two.

People like that incense me that it causes me to mix metaphors!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.